This recipe has been a childhood classic starter for lunch or diner.
It is an easy and fresh salad and I remember enjoying it a lot during meals at my parents and at my grand-parent’s place.
I am writing here with the recipe of the balsamic vinaigrette that I am using but you can also use a lemon vinaigrette (just replace the balsamic vinegar with lemon juice).
Another option is the one that my brother and my sister were enjoying: instead of a vinaigrette, they would just add sugar to the shredded carrots. I was never tempted by it but they really enjoy it. And would still have it as a starter for lunch/diner.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 medium size carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(pinch) ground black pepper